JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are always excited to welcome new team members to the Kimball Fruit Farm family. We prioritize individuals who are friendly, work well with others, and are willing to learn about our farm, our agricultural practices, and our products. All of our team members must also be able to lift 40 pounds. If you think you would be a good fit, please feel free to fill out an application and turn it in at the farm stand or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for a copy of our application.
**PLEASE NOTE: Kimball Fruit Farm is a seasonal enterprise. All positions are from May-Thanksgiving**
Available positions for 2022:
Farmer's Market Driver
The farmer's market Driver ensures the success of our individual farmer's markets. This individual drives products and employees to and from markets, oversees retail employees, answers customer questions and complaints, liaises with farm management, and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
**Must be 18 or older
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training new employees
- Delegating tasks throughout the day such as stocking shelves, checking out customers, and setting up and taking down tents, tables, and equipment
- Driving box truck to and from farmers markets in Boston (position does not require CDL license but is subject to employer administered driving test)
- Following pre-written health and safety operational procedures
- Managing the resolution of customer questions and complaints
- Aiding his/her team in setting up tents and tables in a prearranged pattern and displaying produce in an attractive and efficient manner
- Overseeing the transport, and operation of point-of-sale equipment
LIAISON TO FARM MANAGEMENT
- Communicating product and supply inventory needs
- Communicating personnel difficulties and needs
- Communicating price and product changes, deals, and information to the retail staff
- Acting as the direct liaison between each farmer's market managing body and Kimball Fruit Farm
Farm Stand or Farmer's Market** Sales Associate
Our sales associates are the face of Kimball Fruit Farm. These individuals are responsible for practically representing our values and mission to our customers. This is accomplished through interacting with customers both in person and over the phone as well as setting up displays, cleaning the sales area, and checking out customers.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering customer questions and complaints
- Familiarizing oneself with our products in order to make sales and product recommendations
- Checking out customers and bagging produce
STAND UPKEEP AND PRESENTATION
- Setting up and taking down market tents, produce displays, and display materials
- Monitoring product quality and freshness
- Keeping stand and sales areas clean
- Following health and safety procedures and guidelines
**Due to Massachusetts child labor laws Farmer's Market Sales Associates must be 18 or older. Individuals who live in the immediate are of our farmer's markets and can meet us on site are welcome to apply. Check the list of markets we attend or email email@example.com for more information.